Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Upcoming Events for 2010

Well after a gorgeous week of beautiful weather (was I the only one tempted to go digging last week?), we've been having fairly typical Spring weather. My bulbs are starting to put out their green shoots though and I know that gardening time is just around the corner! I'm starting to get my supplies in order so as soon as the weather allows, I can get out there and start digging and moving things around.

1. Bring out your calendars because I have some dates to share with you. We have more planned but these are definite dates.

APRIL: The Ontario Library is presenting another lecture that we had planned to arrange for April. So mark your calendars for Wednesday, April 14th at 7pm. Vegetable Garden Preparation by the Cornell Cooperative Extension Master Gardener program. Call 315-524-8381 to sign up.

APRIL: The Genesee Region Orchid Society invites you to attend the 2010 Show and Sale, April 10-11, Saturday: 10 am - 5 pm, Sunday: 10 am - 4 pm, at the Rochester Museum and Science Center, Eisenhart Auditorium, 657 East Ave., Rochester, NY. I'm going to forward an email from Audrey Ferris that you can print out for $1 off the ticket price.

MAY: Downtown Planters/Town Hall Planters plantings, Saturday, May 8th, 8/9 am. Please let me know if you can help with the plantings or with watering during the summer.

MAY: Apple Blossom Festival Plant Sale, Saturday, May 15th. Please let me know if you can help out at the tent and what time(s) you can help. I have extra plastic pots if anyone needs them for plants.

JULY: Master Gardener Garden Tour, Saturday, July 3rd. The Master Gardeners are having garden tours as a fundraiser this year. More information on the ticket prices/locations to follow as I receive them. This should be an amazing event if the gardens are similar to what we've experienced with Master Gardener Audrey Ferris and her gorgeous rose gardens.

SEPTEMBER: Pultney Historical Society Garage Sale, Saturday, September 18th.

OCTOBER: Terrarium Program, Master Gardener program, Tuesday, October 26th at 7pm at the Williamson Library.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mason Farms is building new greenhouses this year and, unfortunately, won't be able to give us a tour of their farms this year. While that is disappointing news, I'm looking forward to seeing what new things they'll have at their farm and will keep you posted on when they open up for the season.

2. The Garden Club had discussed having a dedication of the Green Space this year. We had tentatively talked about having it during the Apple Blossom Festival but have not contacted the Apple Blossom Festival organizers. We could also hold it at another time but should have it this year. I need some volunteers to take on this project and organize it. Please let me know if you are interested in doing this.

No comments: